Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Edging the bright lights of Broadway and the calm of Bryant Park, The Knickerbocker is a legendary New York landmark reborn as the first luxury hotel in Times Square. Filled with fabled legends, The Knickerbocker once played host to legendary political bigwigs, actresses, oil tycoons and sports figures-and it's rumored the martini was invented here in the hotel. While historic details like the hotel's gorgeous Beaux-Arts facade remain unchanged, a soothing new luxury aesthetic is offered within. The stunning transformation of this treasured Manhattan monument invites discerning travelers to discover 300 luxe guestrooms and suites boasting incredible views and bespoke furnishings. An air of posh authenticity embraces New York City's premier luxury lifestyle hotel.Overview
The Operations Manager is responsible for planning and directing operations to improve productivity and efficiency.Responsibilities
- Assist the Director and Assistant Director of Front Office with managing the Front Office operation; in addition to providing support to other departments in the hotel (F&B, Housekeeping and Engineering)
- Provide strong lobby presence to assist front desk agents and guest
- Provide all aspects of shift coverage in F&B operations as needed
- Balance the hotel room type inventory
- Ensure all areas of the lobby, Mezzanine level and F&B operations are functioning to Paramount standards (e.g. cleanliness, guest only in authorized areas, bathroom cleanliness, outdoor cleanliness and conditions, elevator cleanliness and functionality, Signage standards)
- Monitor and action Nor 1 upsell program
- Handle guest's special requests and customer complaints during shift.
- Perform all other front desk duties and responsibilities.
- Investigate and handle complaints, disturbances, emergencies, etc. during shift
- Manage Employee Payroll, track attendance ADP, time edits, and conduct call-arounds for OT as needed
- Coach, train, counsel hourly associates and administer discipline as needed
- Perform some Night Audit functions, able to review all Night Audit related functions and able to produce Night Audit reports.
- Prepare, copy, and distribute reports as required.
- Handle special guest requests.
- Attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.