Reporting to the Director of Security, participate in all security and safety practices within the hotel in order to maximize the Colleague, Guest and Owner satisfaction.
- With high integrity, provides a 5 diamond/5 star experience to guests and provides Shangri-La hospitality from the heart.
- Provide technical expertise in areas of hotel security and safety.
- Assist with the implementation of Security, Fire, Life and Safety practices. This includes disaster planning and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Conduct regular patrols during shifts covering the hotel space.
- Prepare reports at the end of each shift including log book entries, general occurrence, fire alarm and medical reports.
- Respond to complaints from guests and patrons when called upon and conducts necessary investigations.
- Ensure compliance to all provincial and federal legislation, hotel policies, standards and core practices, diligently assist with inventory controls and safety programs.
- Adhere to Emergency Response procedures, including a fire prevention program to established legal requirements.
- Perform special investigations as required.
- Assume responsibilities for the role of Assistant to the Chief Fire, Life and Safety during emergencies.
- Maintain a close working relationship with all departments in the hotel.
- Maintain on-going communications with the Toronto Police Department, RCMP VIP Section, OPP and any other security agencies and assists with special security arrangements for VIP visits when requested.
The following is considered mandatory for this position:
- Service Excellence – Delight our guests at every interaction, with a genuinely warm presence, friendly, sincere nature, drive for service excellence, being internally proud, outwardly gracious and humble.
- Detail oriented – Great care and attention to detail in fast paced environment.
- Operational Knowledge –Learn and follow Shangri-La deliverables, Shangri-La Toronto and Security and Safety service standards, programs, policies and procedures.
- Self motivation – Able to follow through on direction, with minimal supervision.
- Communication – Able to comprehend, read, write and speak English including workplace policies, job instruction, departmental and safety information.
- Problem solving –Able to prioritize, multi-task, help others; calmly, respectfully, creatively and successfully resolve problems, as required.
- Emotional maturity – Interacts with others in a respectful manner, with demonstrated qualities of sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy and humility.
- Ethical and professional conduct – Fulfills responsibilities with highest integrity.
- Technology proficiency– Fully competent in all systems used within department, particularly being able to process transactions on PDA technology.
Shangri-La hotel, Toronto is compliant with its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and will provide reasonable accommodation in the application and interview process for this position upon request.